Fr. Michael Maine announces retirement

After prayerful consideration, I have decided that the time have arrived for me to retire from full-time ministry . . .

I have been blessed to have served the community of Cuckfield as vicar for the past seven years. It has been the greatest privilege.

Latterly, as you will know, the parishes of Bolney and Cuckfield have formed a united benefice, and so technically I am incumbent of both Holy Trinity and St Mary Magdalene’s. Although I have only taken worship at Bolney a few times, I have always sought to hold your community in my prayers since I became your incumbent, and appreciated the warmth you have shown me when I have been with you. I am most grateful also for the support I have received from Michael, Sue, Tim and Father Martin together with Dr. Tony and the Rev. Ruth Bond.

It was with great delight that we were able to appoint Michael Windridge as Associate Priest, and I know how much you value his ministry, focussed as it is, within Bolney.

You will appreciate that this has been a difficult decision, yet I feel that the time is right to hand on the responsibility of a busy benefice in good heart as both parishes continue to find new ways to proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ in these strange times.

My last Sunday will be Quinquagesima (the Sunday before Lent) on February 27th 2022. May I ask you, please, to pray for me, and also for our united benefice as the bishop seeks a new incumbent.

With prayers and blessing, and with gratitude to God for our shared journey of Faith within the love of Jesus Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit.

 

Michael

Comments